- Thirst v. Urination - The conundrum in which one is very thirsty but also has to urinate very badly and is forced to choose between the two.
- Light Switch Direction - This happens when there are multiple light switches to one light. The light will be off but the switch for it will be up when all the other switches on the panel are rightfully facing down.
- Anonymous Pizza Boxes - No logos on the pizza box. Oh man, this pizza is really good, where is it from?...No body knows, bummer.
- Signal but no turn - An especially annoying bit where the driver of the car in front of you is oblivious to the fact that their blinker has been on for the pas mile and a half. Somehow they manage to ignore the odd clicking noise and blinking light on the dash.
- Change Jingler - You know what I'm talking about if you have ever been in an awkward conversation with someone. The other person seems to think that the situation would become less so if he stands with hands in pockets and jingles all the change in them during the silence. Is he trying to show off his money, or what?
- Know What I'm Saying? - Basically anybody who ends every sentence with"Know what I'm saying?" Only they were mumbling so badly the only part of the sentence in which you did know what they were saying was the last bit. Ironic. People guilty of this are usually from the "urban culture".
- Condescending Computer Nerd - Everybody knows what I'm talking about, whether it was the Tech Support guy on the phone, or the lonely looking kid in the back of the room I was trying to befriend. Sorry for asking what a binary code was.
- Socks and Shoes - This is when the sock sticks to the shoe instead of your foot when you first put your shoe on. It results in the sock rubbing up against your foot in a very irritating fashion.
- Back Splash - I know we have all experienced this so don't knock me for it. When you are taking a poop and one falls in and the splash gets on your butt. Really annoying, and uncomfortable.
- Shaving - Pretty self-explanatory, and both guys and girls suffer from it. Some people get a hard time for not shaving for a while, while girls can more easily conceal the fact, fair? No, it's not like I'm going to wear a mask around just so people don't know.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
The 10 List: Minor Irritations
So today I launch a new segment on this here blog called, "The 10 List." First off let me say that this is not a VH1 style countdown, it is just a list. The members of this list are in no particular order, ranking things just frustrates me and causes ire in others. So I hope you enjoy these, they came out of what me and Nick call "brainstorms", where we just pick a topic and see how many things we can come up with, it's fun, and most of the time pretty funny....to us. Anyway, here is the first list of things that I find really irritating in everyday life.